HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 2 - One Room, Three Ways


Hello Everyone! Today is Day TWO, of the One Room, Three Ways Challenge. You can check out yesterday's post to see Day One and catch up on what this challenge was.



Here is what the room looked like when I started this challenge:

And here it was for Day One:

For Day One (and Day three which I will show you tomorrow) I was able to use pretty much all things I already had. For this setup though I used most of the budget we were allowed to purchase a few accessories. For this room I purchased the lamp shades, pillows, throw and lantern from Target all in their clearance section.


The mirror came from Lillie's room, one of the lamp bases came from our family room and one from Lola's room, and I moved this ottoman back in here (I had tried it out on the family room for a few weeks prior to this challenge but ended up moving it back in here where it stayed after this challenge.)









Oh how I wish these lampshades came in a different color! I LOVE them but this color really doesn't work with the rest of our home. =(


I have to say of the three looks I did this was my least favorite although it was really a ton of fun to do and I really liked having something that looked different than what I normally would do. 

Now head on over and check out all of these other rooms for day two. It was so much fun seeing all of their amazing spaces for day one so now I cannot wait to see what they all have done for day two!


I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday! I'll be back tomorrow morning with look three!

24 comments:

  1. I love the addition of the yellow ... perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been coveting that mirrored tray - looks great on the ottoman! I love the fun pop of yellow and it's always fun doing something we wouldn't normally do
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adore it!!!! Love the pops of yellow and the white! You have such an eye for detail!

    Happy day sweet friend!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite.....love the yellow pops of color. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the yellow shades, but I totally agree that I wish they came in a different color like grey and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very summery room Jennifer :-) The pops of gold are stunning against the white. But I must say, I do luv day 1.
    Eagerly awaiting day 3 .
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great for the summer. So fresh! I really do like it for a seasonal look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far I like day 1 best but day 2 has no flaws just not as much my style as day 1. Look forward to seeing day 3...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this look. I think the yellow is so bright and cheerful. Wonderfully light and summery... like a glass of lemonade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this version! I think it's because of the golden yellow striped pillows - my favorite color. The room looks fresh and summery. Good job! It has been a wonderful challenge to watch and I'm inspired to change up some things in my own space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer,
    I love the styling of the room. Just changing out the ottoman, mantel decor and lamp shades gives the room a totally different look.
    I too have purchased those shades before, but returned them because they just "didn't go" with the rest of my family room. Are the lamp bases also from Target?
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can't remember where I got them. I have had them for years! I am thinking maybe from Hobby Lobby but they could possibly have been from Target. My poor memory is awful! Sorry!

      Delete
  12. hey girl, chalk paint those lamp shades the color you want! Maison Décor blog just did a recent post on chalk painting upholstery which should work on your lamp shades.

    You must hate leaving all the work you've done to make your house so lovely! But, I for one can't wait to see you whip your next place into shape.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know you're not a huge fan of bright color, but this seriously looks so cute, very spring/summery but still your beautiful elegance. Yesterday's was really great too. Can't wait to see tomorrow's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I personally love the crisp white with the minimal "Sunburst" additions! It is very nurturing to the sole....I think you could use the lamps in your MB...shades would pop against the wall color :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Target sells that lampshade in a few different colors but only online. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. The room looks fab, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Dawn! I will have to check that out! I really LOVED it!

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both rooms so much. You have such great style! I'm wondering if you've thought of layering anything if front of, or painting the beadboard fireplace insert? Super cute. Can't wait for day three!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jennifer The yellow pops of color are fab! Tarjay on sale! The lampshades are divine! If it was allowed I can picture a print chair with yellow in it !!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Giveaway from The Enchanted Home

    ReplyDelete
  19. This blog is really informative i really had fun reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Day 2 is my favourite, I love the lamp shade colour. I know it's out of your comfort zone but it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE, LOVE the yellow! Pops of color always excite me! Gotta love Target!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...